Most of us invest all our energy in careful facial skin care, often forgetting about the neck and décolleté area, which is the area that is the most obvious indicator of age. As a result, over time, the difference between them becomes very noticeable.
There are several reasons why the skin of the neck shows signs of aging earlier than the face.
- First of all, these are damage to the epidermal layer caused by the sun. The skin in this area is thinner, so the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays are more extensive and deeper, leading to the destruction of collagen and further thinning of the skin, leading to the formation of wrinkles.
- The muscles of the neck zone are relatively weak, and without proper exercise the skin relaxes with age.
The best way to slow down the aging process and achieve a rejuvenated neck is to take the necessary steps to maintain muscle tone and increase the elasticity of the epidermis.
To prevent premature skin aging, it is necessary to adhere to some recommendations that will improve the appearance and slow down age-related changes in this area.
- Always apply sunscreen to your neck and chest. Remember that the skin in these areas is very sensitive and more susceptible to sunlight.
- Use anti-aging cosmetics that contain a high concentration of antioxidants (vitamins E, A, C), as well as special moisturizers designed specifically for the collar area.
- Look for products that contain ceramides that prevent moisture loss, peptides and coenzyme Q10 that stimulate metabolic processes in cells and slow down the aging process, and hyaluronic acid that maintains water balance, tone and elasticity of the dermis.
- Include in your daily routine neck rejuvenation effective exercises that help strengthen muscle tone in this area.
- Practice perfect posture. Keep your head high and wrinkles in the collar area will automatically smooth out.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day. Sufficient fluid contributes to good hydration of the body, removes toxins and prolongs youth.
- A high pillow is the worst enemy of the neck rejuvenation process.
- Use masks and herbal contrast wraps regularly. Such procedures contribute to the detoxification of the skin, tighten and tone it.
- Apply a good nourishing anti-wrinkle cream to the collar area before bed.
Botox or Dysport injections may be indicated in some cases, but this solution is not recommended for everyone. Wrinkle reduction lasers help stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin, and surgical lifting is great for age-related changes, but these invasive procedures are quite expensive and have their own contraindications. Recovery after them takes a long time.
Therefore, it is better to start anti-aging care as soon as possible, so as not to resort to expensive methods later.